We Are Mammoth seeks a full-time, junior, product support & maintenance engineer with at least 2 years of experience to round out our team. We’re based in Chicago, but over 70% of our staff live in other parts of the United States, across all four time zones. (US citizens only please.)
At We Are Mammoth, a junior product support & maintenance engineer is likely experienced with the full stack and is able to process low-complexity high-volume tasks while communicating clearly and cordially to end users.A product support engineer may be supporting our internal products like DoneDone and Kin, or a product supported on behalf of a client.
While we’re looking for a junior developer, you need to be a senior-level team player, communicator, and problem solver. Since most of our team is remote, we communicate through HipChat, Basecamp, and video chats throughout the day. You must be able to express your ideas and needs clearly. Everyone on our team also speaks directly with our clients on a daily basis- mostly in writing. You must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical people thoughtfully, and you must be able to work and communicate with a diverse range of people.
- an engineer with both back-end and front-end experience who is tasked with maintaining and updating existing projects
- respects the bounds of the existing codebase while deftly identifying areas that could be improved and making requested changes
- intuits the impact of their changes on the rest of the project
- ensures quality of their changes by writing tests, performing browser/device testing, etc.
- checks in code to a versioning system like Subversion or Git
- directly addresses support requests from clients and communicates their findings and solutions thoroughly
- works with multiple product teams to estimate, prioritize, and schedule changes
- well-structured and valid HTML markup
- well-structured and valid CSS/Sass/Less code, tested across appropriate browsers and devices
- well-structured back-end code written in C#/ASP.NET MVC/API
- image assets as defined by design resources, sized and optimized for the web
- appropriate integration tests using Selenium, etc.
- detailed bug reports and updates
- concise, well-written documentation for developers and clients
- friendly, helpful, and timely communication with clients via email and phone
All of our developers here have experience in the following, in order of how often you’ll be using these languages/patterns:
- .NET / C# using the MVC & API frameworks
- Relational DB development
- Service-repository pattern and dependency injection
- REST API Patterns
- CQRS pattern
- Unit and regression testing
Working at We Are Mammoth:
We Are Mammoth is a closely-knit, hard working team of about 21 software developers, designers, technical project managers, and support staff. Our apps, Kin and DoneDone, are used by companies large and small around the world. We have a standard of excellent customer support, rapid design and development, and an unparalleled stewardship of teamwork. We strive to maintain a meaningful work/life balance.
- Competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs, paid time off (PTO), and an employer-matched retirement plan with company matching up to 3%.
- Everyone starts with 15 days of paid vacation. Each year, you’ll get 5 more until you have 25 paid vacation days.
- We have a beautiful office in Chicago’s Fulton Market. It’s like a home, a library, and a gallery mashed into one. If you live in Chicago, we’ll pay for a parking space or public transportation so you can get to the office easily. If you work remotely, you’ll still get to join us in Chicago a few times a year.
- We do annual compensation reviews on your anniversary, quarterly how-things-are-going reviews with your manager, and have an employee equity-sharing plan.
- All new team members at We Are Mammoth are paired with a mentor who provides advice, guidance, and support.
This is a full-time, remote, junior, product support and maintenance engineer position. We Are Mammoth promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome, and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage all qualified US Citizens to apply for this job.